Friday, December 12, 2014

Hope of Glory


The other morning, while I was putting my time in at the gym, my fears and failures loomed large in my mind, my faith felt too small, and the mountains before me seemed too high to climb.  Would I ever get to the other side? I thought.  Will my weaknesses keep me from becoming all that God wants me to be?  Will I ever believe the truth over the lies? Will my own brokenness end up hurting and harming the ones I love the most?  Disheartened and discouraged, I told God, "I feel like I'm failing.".  And He immediately responded, "But I am not.".
What reassurance to my struggling, doubting heart.  He isn't failing.  I AM is in me and He is not failing.
I AM... the One that threw stars in the sky, held back the Red Sea, crumbled the walls of Jericho, quieted the storm, made the sun stand still, slayed giants, freed captives, locked the mouths of lions, gave sight to the blind, resurrected the dead, opened barren wombs, and disarmed principalities of evil.
He is Almighty God.
He is all-powerful and He doesn't fail.  And He's promised that He will never fail me.
His mighty power is so gloriously stronger than any of my failures. His purposes will prevail in and through my life no matter my weaknesses. For it is Christ in me, the hope of glory.
"Now glory be to God! By His mighty power at work within us, He is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope." (Eph 4:20)
My hope for victory in this life does not rest on my ability to get myself through, to figure things out, or to overcome my own battles.  My hope rests in Christ alone and His victory.  He was already victorious and He always leads me in His triumphal procession.  
"But this precious treasure - this light and power that now shine within us - is held in perishable containers, that is, in our weak bodies. So everyone can see that our glorious power is from God and is not our own." (2 Corinth. 4:7)
I've heard it said that we are like cracked pots.  We all have our weaknesses, some scars, some mistakes and regrets, some broken places that still need healing.  And we tend to look at those things and think that because of our "cracks" we can't be used by God in mighty ways.  We may feel like we're failing. But God is so glorious, so powerful and Almighty, that His light shines through our cracks.  And the very thing that we think makes us un-usable, becomes the very thing He uses to display His glory through us for the world around us to see.
He is bigger than our cracks.  He is greater than our weaknesses.  He is more powerful than our failures.  His glory shines brighter than any darkness. And His grace is enough, more than enough, to work out His plans for our lives.  
He is in you and He is not failing.

No comments:

Post a Comment